New Construction - 1549 Brookhaven Dr Mclean Virginia from ACE Video & MarketingSize
8 Reasons Why You NEED a Home Inspection
Buying a home is a long process filled with months of searching and many hoops to jump through. But many of these hoops are meant to protect you as a buyer! The buyer pays for a home inspection, and even though they can wave the inspection - this is not advised. It is wise to get an "unbiased documentation of the home's condition" says April Leslie, a radon measurement and home inspection specialist at Award Home Inspections in Richmond, even as a new construction.
Here are 8 reasons why you should neve avoid a home inspection.
1) Unseen Problems - Your dream home may look great on the outisde, but what's underneath? Leslie says, "It's much more than the red door curb appeal. A great home is more interior decorating and a good paint job. It's about what's in your walls and not what's on them."
2) More Options - A home inspection can give you ways to get out of a deal. The report can allow for renegotiation, repairs, or price reductions.
3) Cost Efficient - Home inspections range for $300 - $500 with an additional fee for HVAC and radon. This cost is minimal considering the repairs it could save you in the future.
4) Structural Problems - Learn ahead of time if the structure of the home has issues. This is a BIG red flag you could avoid!
5) Leaks - New roofs are expensive. Learn ahead of time if that will be an issue with the home you are interested in.
6) Safety - Don't be caught off guard if you're electrical system is unsafe or if there is radon in your basement.
7) Negotiation Leverage - You can use an inspection report as leverage to negotiate the price or repairs of a home.
8) Peace of Mind - An inspection report guarantees the condition of the home which means no major surprises after the sale!
Don't skip on a home inspection! It could cost you in the long run.
Latest Blog Posts
JOIN us this coming Sunday, June 23 from 1 to 4 pm at 6010 Liberty Bell CT, Burke VA.Our Newest Listing in Burke, Virginia ! 3 beds + den | 3.5 baths - 2,046 Sqft Townhouse @ Heritage Square, Burke
Check out our coming soon listing in Burke, Virginia. Coming soon on June 20 – 3 beds, 3 baths – 1,376 sqft home located in Heritage Square, Burke VA.For more info, floorplans and view